Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Opposing Pitchers Sure Love the Angels (17/81)

The Angels got shut out again, for what seems like the upteenth time this season.


The Angels and Dan Haren lost the the Oakland Athletics Monday night, five to zero. Zip, zilch, nothing. The Angels have been shut out by opposing teams eight times this year. To put that in perspective, the Angels have at least 14 seasons where they weren't shut out 8 times all year. Interesting note, five of the shut outs have come with Ervin Santana on the mound, three of them with Haren. These aren't Roy Halladays shutting them out either.

Here is a list of starters who have shut out the Angels this year:

  • Scott Diamond
  • Brandon Morrow
  • David Price
  • Derek Lowe
  • Henderson Alvarez
  • Tyson Ross
  • Hiroki Kuroda
  • Bartolo Colon
If I was an opposing team pitcher, I would do whatever I could to make sure my next start was going to be against the Angels. Heck, I'd even fake an injury to go play golf and miss my next start so that I could face the Angels.

The Angels have a long way to make history, but they're still on pace to surpass the 1963 Mets who got shut out a record 30 times in a single season.

No comments:

Post a Comment